Bob Bigelow is one of the country's foremost youth sports speakers.
Former NBA player, Bob Bigelow, speaks worldwide about youth sports programs, and provides new approaches for positive change in fully meeting the needs of young athletes as the top priority. Bob was an NBA first round draft choice and played four years for the Kansas City Kings, Boston Celtics, and San Diego Clippers. He played collegiately at the University of Pennsylvania for Hall of Fame Coach Chuck Daly. He has devoted several thousand hours researching and lecturing about organized youth sports and its effects on children and adults. Since 1993, he has conducted over 2500 talks and clinics worldwide. Bob has also been selected as one of the “100 Most Influential Sports Educators” by the Institute for International Sport at the University of Rhode Island.
Bob on How to Fix Youth Sports
Make sports better for our kids.
Eliminate adult misbehavior
Get qualified coaches
Make playing time equitable
Control excess travel sports
Reduce overuse injuries
See a preview of Bob's talk,
"How to Improve Youth Sports."
The book, Just Let The Kids Play, co-authored by Bob, has coaches, parents and administrators throughout the country thinking about how they can give fun back to children in youth sports programs.
Keynote addresses to major organizations (see below).
Over 2500 community talks and clinics in 20+ years.
Bob shares his prescriptions for positive change — critical issues for everyone involved in youth sports organizations and how to get involved.
Featured on CNN, ESPN Radio and WFAN (NYC), and in radio spots, news articles, columns, Sports Illustrated.
Take Bob's Youth Sports Survey now —
Help provide important information for providing a better experience for young athletes.
White Paper: Tips for Improving Youth Sports
Learn more about Bob's mission and how he can help improve youth sports in your community.
Contact Bob Bigelow for more information.
Appearances at Major National & International Conferences
- August 1, 2015 ... Keynote Speaker at the Louisiana Soccer Association’s Annual Meeting in New Orleans, LA
- April 10, 2015 ... Featured Speaker at World Peace and Sport Conference at the Massachusetts State House in Boston; a collaboration between American and South African sporting organizations
- March 21, 2015 ... several talks/youth and adult basketball clinics conducted for Foothills Youth Basketball Organization in Glendale, CA
- August 2-5, 2013 ... Featured Speaker and Clinician at the First Annual World Youth Basketball Summit (WYBS); hosted by the Turkish Basketball Federation in Uludag, Turkey
- June 2013 ... Featured Speaker and Clinician at Super Sports/Kid-Centric Sunday in Owensboro, Kentucky
- September 2012 ... Madison School in Monterrey, Mexico
- September, 2011 ... Keynote Speaker at the USA Hockey ADM Conference in Pittsburgh, PA
- April 2011 ... Keynote Speaker at the New Zealand Sport and Recreation’s (SPARC) “Connections” Conference on Youth and Sport Participation; Audience of NZ Sport Sector CEO’s, Administrators and Coaches, Auckland, NZ
- November 2010...Featured Speaker at “Common Ground” Event; a Consortium of 15 Central New Jersey Independent Primary and Secondary Schools; Princeton, NJ
- April 2009 ... Keynote Speaker at San Francisco Friends School, San Francisco, CA<
- February 2009 ... Keynote speaker at the United States Tennis Association’s (USTA) and the Professional Tennis Registry’s (PTR) annual Coaching Conferences at Hilton Head Island, SC
- May 2008 ... Keynote Speaker at Provincial/National Youth Soccer Coaches Conference in Kanata, Ontario, Canada
- April 2008 ... The Instituto San Roberto in Monterrey, Mexico<
- January 2008 ... Featured Speaker at the Tennis Australia’s Junior Coaches Conference as part of the Australian Open Tennis Tournament in Melbourne, Australia
- December 2007 ... Keynote Speaker at Regional United States Tennis Association Conference in Overland Park, MO
- November 2007 ... Speaker at the Connecticut Parks and Recreation’s (CPRA) Annual Conference at Mohegan Sun, CT
- May 2007 ... Keynote Speaker at New Zealand Government’s Sport & Recreation Dept. First “Connecting Coaches” Conference in Wellington, New Zealand
- January 2007 ... Keynote Speaker at the Pennsylvania Recreation and Park (PRPS) Coaching Conference in Lancaster, PA
- November 2006 ... Featured Speaker at the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, Springfield, MA
- May 2006 ... Nike Corporation – Second Annual “State of the Game” Conference at Beaverton, OR